I got the strangest thing in my mail today. It’s a questionnaire from the Republican National Party. They want me to fill it out giving them my feelings about issues facing Americans.
- Do you agree with Barack Obama and the Democrats that taxes should be raised for the sake of “fairness,” regardless of the negative impact it is likely to have on the economy?
- Do you believe the federal government has gone too far in bailing out failing banks, insurance companies and the auto industry?
- Do you support amnesty for illegal immigrants?
- Should English be the official language of the United States?
- Are you in favor of granting retroactive Social Security eligibility to illegal immigrants who gain U.S. citizenship through an amnesty program?
- Are you in favor of the expanded welfare benefits and unlimited eligibility (no time, education or work requirements) that Democrats in Congress are pushing to pass?
- Do you believe that Barack Obama’s nominees for federal courts should be immediately and unquestionably approved for their lifetime appointments by the U.S. Senate?
- Do you believe that the best way to increase the quality and effectiveness of public education in the U.S. is to rapidly expand federal funding while eliminating performance standards and accountability?
- Do you support the creation of a national health insurance plan that would be administered by bureaucrats in Washington, D.C.?
- Do you believe that the quality and availability of health care will increase if the federal government dictates pricing to doctors and hospitals?
- Are you confident that new medicines and medical treatments will continue to be developed if the federal government controls prescription drug prices and sets profit margins for research and pharmaceutical companies?
- Are you in favor of creating a government-funded “Citizen Volunteer Corps” that would pay young people to do work now done by churches and charities, earning Corps Members the same pay and benefits given to military veterans?
- Are you in favor of reinstituting the military draft, as Democrats in Congress have proposed?
- Do you believe that the federal government should allow the unionization of Department of Homeland Security employees who serve in positions critical to the safety and security of our nation?
- Do you support Democrats’ drive to eliminate workers’ right to a private ballot when considering unionization of their place of employment?
Over half a legal-sized page remained filled with ways for me to send $500 (obviously the preferred amount since it is listed first), $250, $100, $50, $30, Other amount. Don’t you just know that’s going to happen??!!
Well, I have filled out their little questionnaire, and when I mail it back tomorrow, it will also include this little hand-written letter from me.
The Republican Party will get not one red cent from me!
You have abandoned “our” conservative values and ideals as much as or more than the Obamacrats!
The only reason I will vote for even one Republican is because the Conservative Party has not yet met all the requirements for fielding candidates of our own.
You blew it with me when you failed to speak up for Sarah Palin and allowed the McCain campaign to throw her under the bus.
You lost my support when you said we need to move to the center of right.
You lost my respect when you abandoned a truly conservative candidate in NY-23, Doug Hoffman, in favor of a candidate who is anything but conservative.
You gave up any chance you had of earning my respect back by saying that we have to support the candidates that can win.
No! No more! Not one red cent from me!
Here is the address is you would like to join me in my determination to see to it that the Republican Party actually HEARS the conservative voices of America:
REPUBLICAN NATIONAL COMMITTEE
310 FIRST STREET S.E.
WASHINGTON, D.C. 20003
Marie A Cole